Re: [FWDLK] Power Window questions

Ron Waters wrote:

> Dave (or anyone else) -
>
>         Since you mentioned power windows, I recently installed the p/w
 assemblies
> into my 59 Dodge conv.  The quarter windows are giving me trouble.
>
> Any tips or suggestions ?

One thing that works is to lube the heck out of -everything-, including the
 "fuzzy"
pieces and the rubber channels (yes, even the rubber!)  You CAN lubricate them
 so the
window will go up easier, but (and here's the trick) -don't- use grease, as it
 will
always smear up your window and get all over everything.

Instead, get a couple of bottles of "graphited lock fluid".  NAPA sells it in a
 little
blue squeeze bottle for only about $1.99.  It is basically graphite suspended in
alcohol.  Every month I squeeze/rub/work a good amount of it into all of the
 channels,
and the window moves MUCH more freely.  The alcohol dries, leaving the graphite
 as a
good lube.  It tends to stick to the furry stuff/rubber and not the metal, so
 you
don't get any smearing on the window frame or on yourself.  I suppose the ideal
 is to
mix some powdered graphite into some Armor All... then it would lube and protect
 the
rubber at the same time.  Anyway, it works great for me!

-Dave