Re: [FWDLK] rubber & Weatherstripping

Mark and Don,

Metro is in my neighborhood, so I know several people that have used their
products. We have held car club meetings at their outlet store. I once
loaned them an NOS cowl vent weatherstrip for my 56 to copy. A few years
ago, my son bought a kit to do the weatherstrips on his car. Most of the
rubber was a little too hard to compress properly. Doors and windows no
longer fit and had to be readjusted. Recently, a friend bought a kit and did
his car. He was pleased, and he is very hard to please. I think that Metro
has changed their rubber formula to a softer material, which seems to work
OK. This is why they have added "Supersoft" to the name. If you order any
product from them, make sure you get the new "supersoft" material, not the
old stuff.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

At 09:22 PM 1/18/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Question for anyone out there
>Has anybody used any products from "METRO" Supersoft
>they carry Rubber Restoration Parts and Weatherstripping for most
>Classic American cars and Trucks from 1929-1984
>And if so , How are their products?
>For you guys that haven't heard of them and would like to take a look,
>Here's their phone number, the catalog is $3.00
>
>Toll Free....1-800-878-2237
>Fax............1-612-757-2803
>Questions?.1-612-757-0310
>

>Mark & Don