[FWDLK] FABRIC sources

Here are the places I got samples for my 56 Wagon having dlx interior with
metallic fabric accented woven fabric-

SMS auto fabrics
2315 Southeast 10th ave
Portland OR 97214
503-234-1175
They had the same fabric but in a Green, a lt Grey, and a similar in
Gold/Brown.  Cost in1992 was $55 per running yard, 55" wide
I bought the Green and it is super.

and

Original Auto Interiors
7869 Trumble Rd
St Clair MI 48079
313 727 2486
They had a nice Brown with silver metallic, and black but was not
really same as what I had
cost was same

I cant guarantee addresses, etc at this time. However OAI advertises
in Hemmings and other places currently.

HINT HINT HINT
The woven material has a scrim coat on the backside to minimize the
problem of the (relatively) loose weave from sagging when it is in place,
by gravity when on doors (or seatbacks?).  That works fine.
However when it is used horizontally - the entire top of the seat bottoms is
covered with it-  it tends to stretch due to weight and movement of the
driver and passengers.  Hence it tends to bunch a bit and get sitting creases.
After a couple years I removed the seat bottoms and applied a light coat of
artists acrylic gel medium to the underside of woven material, AND a single
layer of old sheeting.
This has solved the problem; but it is somewhat stiff to the touch and does
not
have that 'plush' feel.  U may say just stretch the fabric more, yep, that'll
do it
but I believe U will start to damage the fabric by the sitting weight.....
All FYI.

Good Luck
Lars