Re: [FWDLK] 57 to 58 headlights - Plymouth

Dan Davids wrote:

> Anybody know for certain whether one can use a 57 fender to
> replace a rusty 58? Or, similarly, if one wanted to change a 57 car
> over to the 58's dual headlights, what exactly would be involved?
> Other than changing the location and connectors on the wiring
> harness, can you just use 58 hardware on a 57? What am I missing?
>
>  - Dan in Seattle

I HAVE A '57 FURY THAT HAS BEEN VANDALISED IN THE PAST AND HAS HAD THE
FRONT CHANGED TO '58, SO I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS INVOLVED AS I AM
RETURNING MINE TO FACTORY CORRECT.
THE PARTS OF THE FENDER BEHIND THE HEADLIGHTS ARE DIFFERENT ON A '57 &
'58. HOWEVER THESE CAN BE SWAPPED OVER ALTHOUGH SOME WELDING IS
REQUIRED.
THE HEADLIGHTS THEMSELVES ARE DIFFERENT AS ARE THE "EYEBROWS", THE
INDICATORS AND THE HEADLAMP DOOR.
GLENN, '57 FURY.