[FWDLK] Back to the 50's car show

I went to our local "Back to the 50's" show on June 18, 19, 20. Only 1964 and older vehicles are allowed. The show is approx 40% street rods, 20% customs, and 40% stock/restored/original. Registration at the host hotel is almost a show by it's self. Friday and Saturday night there is a Cruise to the local Porky's drive-in. Porky's only holds 40 cars, but a thousand or so are cruising the street. This of course includes the post-65 cars that like to do burnouts. As at most shows, the ForwardLook is under represented. But 2% of 10,000 cars is still quite a few. Three 56 D500s, a 57 300C, a 60 300F, 57, 58, 59 Furys, etc.

Sunday is the last day and since so many people drive from other states, they often skip the last day to drive home. Sunday is only 1/2 as big and most are gone by 1:00 p.m. The swap meet is also on Sunday.

For more details, check out the Minnesota Street Rod Association (MSRA) web site:   http://www.msra.com/backto50s.html
There are lots of photos from past events. One is a red 55 1/2 Dodge convert.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500