[FWDLK] Undercoating

A question about this marvelous MoPar factory undercoat. I'm working on
the gas tank for my 49 De Soto and it has been undercoated.  Some of it
is now peeling off and I want to remove it all.
My question is what *stuff* will take it off with the least harmful
effects to me, the tank and the enviorment? I'm looking for something a
little less labor intensive than scraping it by hand!
Thanks,
Ed