[FWDLK] 59 Dodge Brake Shoes

For the past 15 years or better, my 1959 Dodge Coronet (326/auto/manual
brakes) has had bad brakes.  It was laid up back in the 80s with a pedal you
have to pump, and wehn I finally totaly rebuilt the system (NEW everything),
it still won't adjust to a full pedal.  YES, the system has been bled - many
times.  And tested with guages - no air at all.  It has finally occurred to
me that I may have the wrong brake shoes.  Even though I replaced my shoes
with the system, I used the existing ones for sizing.  So if the %#@!
mechanic who replaced the brakes back in the 1980s put smaller shoes on the
car, I would have bought the wrong shoes.

My question is - the brake shoes I have are the same front and rear - the
total measurement top-to-bottom (including lining) is 9.5 inches.  Is there a
larger brake shoe for these cars?  I am hoping (I think) that all my
headaches with the brakes boil down to just needed a larger brake shoe.  Is
there any way to tell what size SHOULD be on the car?

Thanks!

Bob