From:   Rog & Jan van Hoy [SMTP:vanhilla@PACIFIER.COM]
Sent:   Sunday, October 24, 1999 7:21 PM
To:     L-FORWARDLOOK@lists.psu.edu
Subject:        Re: [FWDLK] ebay car

Okay, it's a good point about bad-mouthing, that's just plain mean and
spiteful.

On the other hand, I think the guys [and gals] who wrote are showing their
pride.  '50's Chryslers were noted for their engineering, TorsionAire ride
being a great invention, hemi and poly engines and TorqueFlite another.
Styling was great, the only drawback being rust problems.

So now, 42 years later, the unwashed masses still drool over a '57 Ch---, a
third facelift car that was really behind the times in engineering.  I mean,
can you see $30K plus for a $3K BelAir convertible with a 265 and
Powerglide?

So this guy that takes the best parts out of a '57 Dodge and puts in Ch---
running gear should expect some derision.