Re: [FWDLK] Plymouth demise

Although I too am lamenting the death of Plymouth, I just want to make one
observation.
Take a 1942 Dodge, De Soto, Chrysler and Plymouth, line them all up, stand
behind them and then walk backwards till you can't see the brake and
taillights clearly and then tell me which one is which. The only thing that
made those DCPs different was the chrome trim and the front clip. And it was
true on all the 40s (and 50s) MoPars. All the mechanical stuff is the same
(thank goodness for that!), its just the sheet metal and the interior trim
that was different enough to have 4 product lines.
I will admit it was very easy to tell the difference between the 42 De Soto
and all its siblings from the front <G>. But that only lasted one year.

Had to get it out of my system.

I'm afraid that a couple of FWDL folks are probably right. In a few years
there won't be any more Dodges and maybe Chrysler will go to. But who knows,
maybe a DC becomes a *worldwide* company we'll be able to buy De Soto Trucks
imported from Turkey!

Ed