[FWDLK] front end rebuilding

Howdy folks. The next project for my 56 Savoy will be a front end rebuild.
Currently it wanders a great deal and I'm getting a clunking on hard turns
when the wheels rock, like going up a driveway with the wheel completely
turned. I know the steering box is shot as it has a bunch of play and the
adjuster is already far down into the box and there are High spots that I
can feel when I turn the wheel. I plan on eventually changing to power
steering, I also have another manual box that I can put in. I am alos
running bias tires and will switch to radials.
Now the question is did other people just get a whole rebuild kit from a
place like Kanters, or did you buy individual stuff from the local auto
store. I already have the king pin kit. So I'm guessing that I need control
arm busings and tie rod ends

I'm not sure about replacing the bushings. Is this somehting I can do
myself, or do I need a press?

Any suggestions or comments on people who have done this already would be
appreciated.

Now if I can get my wife's Honda painted, I can start on my car

Nick