Re: [FWDLK] 61 Desoto runs (Finally!)

Jeffrey S Trudeau wrote:

> Just a note:
>
> Finally got Dolores (my 61 Desoto 4 Dr HT) running with her new motor "383"
 Man
>  does
> she ever sound strong now!!!, bored .030 over Mopar Performance Repro 383
>  roadrunner
> purple shaft, Edelbrock 600CFM  4 bbl, windage tray, and correct oil pan
>  graciously
> donated by Rich Washburn (God bless you Rich!!!), this 383 transplant has been
>  truly a
> labor of love (and trial of my spirit!) but has finally paid off.
> I want to thank everyone on the list that offered to provide me with a correct
>  oil pan, this
> sense of camaraderie is what makes this list such a valuable asset to the
>  preservation of our
> finned family members!!!, I hope to be able to get my car to Dallas TX. by
>  Thurs/Fri this
> week to get it loaded up on a boat to Okinawa Japan, (gonna be the only 61
>  Desoto in
> Japan!!) What a sight she will be motoring  amongst the little Japanese cars
 (97
>  Viper Red
> w/pearl white top, dual antennas frenched into the fins) Truly a traffic
>  stopper.
>Jeff,
   I was in Okinawa this spring and thought of the Forward Look cars
trying to get around on the side streets of the island.   Be careful
there and don't get yourself into a street you can't get out of.  You
will be about 3 times as big as some of the vehicles I've seen there.
Enjoy your time there
Jack Johnson   55 Plymouth  Belvedere