[FWDLK] '57-59 Chrysler and DeSoto back glasses

[FWDLK] '57-59 Chrysler and DeSoto back glasses

Howdy group.  Question for y'all:

Can one cut into the roof of a "low backglass" '57-59 DeSoto
Firesweep (Dodge
chassis) or Firedome or '57-59 Chrysler Windsor or Saratoga...

to install the "high back glass" (using the high glass's upper
channel welded in) as originally used in '57-59 DeSoto Fireflite
and Adventurer and '57-59 New Yorker and 300...

.... to achieve the higher back glass in the lesser models ??

Supposedly one could order the larger backglass in the lesser
models but I have NEVER
seen one in 13 years of intense involvement with all these
particular cars.

I am certain that the windshield eyebrow of all these roofs is
identical.  I know the door and quarter window glasses and runs
are identical.

What I don't know is whether the stamping of the roof sheetmetal
has a different slope to the shorter back glass which might make
it impossible to line up the high glass channel in the low glass
roof's sheetmetal.

I sometimes see it written in literature that one could order
the big back glass in the lesser models but I HAVE NEVER EVER
SEEN ONE!

Any thoughts appreciated !

Thanks,
Wayne

PS.  NO, I am not going to try to build a bogus Adventurer or
300 !