[FWDLK] Tire Size

I have a question about tire size since I'm going to be getting some new
sneakers for the 56 Savoy (6 cyl) . It currently has g-78/15 on it. Are they
the equivalent of 6.70/15. Was there an option to 7.10/15 on the car.

What would the g78/15 equate to in a radial tire ?

Anyone off hand know what width the stock rim is on the Plym ?
I'm thinking about putting the g/78 15's on a 7 inch rim for another car I
have. I was wondering if the rim was too wide for the tire.

Thanks,
Nick