Re: [FWDLK] Help with identification

Bill,

You think you can tell me if with this VEHICLE number 3311128653 I can find what
car I got?
Esteban

Bill Watson wrote:

> The rear end is a 1961 Plymouth Fury, while the front end is a
> 1960 Plymouth Fury.    If it has the 1961 rear end, it more than
> likely a 1961 model - front ends are easier to change than rear
> ends.
>
> Either someone has put a 1960 front end onto a 1961 body, or
> whatever firm in South America built the car used 1960 front
> end sheet metal on 1961 models.  Considering the fact that
> the 1961 Plymouth front end makes it onto every "Ten Ugliest
> Cars of the Century" list, it is actually an improvement.
>
> It would be helpful to get the VIN and the info from the fender
> data tag (if it has one).  That would help identify the year and
> manufacturer/plant.
>
> Bill W
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Esteban Briz is trying to determine the particular model of his car that
> > he purchased recently in Ecuador.  It appears to be an export '60 Plymouth
> > of some type.
> >
> > It has a Fury-esque front, like this photo:
> > http://www.forwardlook.net/images/eb-front.jpg
> >
> > But a Valiant-type rear, like this photo:
> > http://www.forwardlook.net/images/eb-rear.jpg
> >
> > Can anyone help him out with identification?  I'm not much of an export
> > whiz...
> >
> > -Dave
> >
> > Esteban Briz wrote:
> >
> > > I recently bought this car and I am not sure if I got the right model.
> > > The Title says 1960 PLYMOUTH VALIANT. I have search all the Internet
> > > looking for a picture and I have not found one... all I found is
> > > pictures of Valiants in Australia but nothing like the one I got.  On
> > > the back lloks like the FURY and the front looks like a mixed of
> > > Barracuda and Valiant... I wonder if someone out there caan tell me
> > > where I can find a picture of the different varieties of Valiants made
> > > between 1958 and 1960. I believe this car was built before 1960 and
> > > since I am in SouthAmerica...this car has a different title
> > > registrations year... you know what I mean..It might be built prior
> > > 1960...I might be wrong...but this are the conclusions I am
> > > assuming..please help out.
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > ESTEBAN
> > > ECUADOR SOUTHAMERICA

begin:vcard
n:Briz;Esteban
tel;fax:593-2-870-466
tel;home:593-2-870-466
tel;work:593-2-870-466
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.webnow.com/brizbrizlimited
org:Briz & Briz Limited
adr:;;Urb. Club Los Chillos, Calle 2, # 359, Sangolqui;Quito;Pichincha;;Ecuador
version:2.1
email;internet:ebriz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:President
note:Asociados con INTERDIAL de EEUU