Re: [FWDLK] KYB shocks for 58 New Yorker? (and other 58 NY topics)

Re: [FWDLK] KYB shocks for 58 New Yorker? (and other 58 NY topics)

Ron,

I have an American Chrysler brochure from 1958 (# CS-413-12-57) and it
mentions the "Exclusive Auto Pilot".  To quote from the brochure :

"Now you can be automatically warned of excessive car speed and
automatically maintain your speed with Auto-Pilot.  Just set the control
at the maximum speed you desire; should you exceed that speed slight
accelerator back pressure gives you warning.  Extra foot pressure
overrides setting.  If you want constant speed maintained, press button
and remove foot from accelerator.  Brake application cancels setting."

So, the Auto-Pilot was advertised as being available. although, as you
state, it is not mentioned in the 1958 parts catalogue.  It is in the 1959
parts catalogue, though.

As for the alternator, it was offered by Chrysler on all Chrysler
Corporation
models, except Dodge Coronet 6 and Imperial.  The Chrysler New Yorker
could be had with either a 50 amp or 60 amp unit.

My 1958 parts catalogue lists the alternator for all the above cars, but
only
lists regulators, rectifiers, transformers and condensors for the Plymouth
and Dodge (Crusader/Regent/Mayfair).

Bill W