Re: [FWDLK] Calendar Car Voting Results

>From the Forward Look Federal Appellate Court:

I'll personally respond to this brief...

While the voting results are a direct response to the Will of the People, the
results are for the candidate car itself, not a particular -view- of the car,
for this reason:  The Commonwealth of Forward Look is ultimately concerned with
the final results of the calendar, and the images displayed therein.  We, as a
mailing list, are composed primarily of "car people", and most are not
photgraphers, (nor have not had the mixed fortune of dating a cute professional
photographer who gave them lots of tips on photographing vehicles before she
broke up with them, taking all their Van Morrison CDs with her).

Most of the voters do not realize the amount of photographic fakery required by
almost every photograph to make the vehicle appear presentable in an 8x10"
format. This includes, but is not limited to:

- 'Filling' potholes, 'greening' grass, and 'blueing" skies
- Changing the direction of the sun (Hint: Always photograph your vehicle with
the sun -behind- you as the photgrapher.  Otherwise, there can be a very bad
dark shadow in the foreground of the photograph.  Photographing into the sun can
also create glare, and remove the natural highlights created by the curves of
our vehicles, making the car appear bland and shapeless)
- Removing telephone poles 'growing' out of hoods or roofs
- Replacing bumpers cut off in photographs, as well as 'creating' the necessary
missing background
- Removing the mirrored image of the photographer in the front bumper
- Airbrushing out distractions such as signs, people, other vehicles, rust, et
cetera.

Therefore, having the choice of multiple photos, if applicable, is necessary for
a quality calendar to be achieved.  Also, it is the responsibility of the
Commonwealth to represent diversity by allowing a multitude of views (such as
3/4 view, side, front, and rear view) to best represent the Views of the People.

It is also the Will of the Court to have Ron Waters personally photograph
everyone's vehicles for next year's calendar.  Since we now have nearly 400
people on the list from 14 countries, you'd better get moving, Ron!  =)

-Dave Stragand (M)*
Secretary of Calendars

* (M) = MoPaRepublicrat