[FWDLK] What am I Missing Here?

Its 9:30 PM EST I am trying to remove the door panals on the 56 Dodge.  I
have a window crank/door handle tool that is used to remove the "c" type
clip that usually holds the Door Release Handle and Window Crank. It does
not seem to be able to release these handles.
I cant see behind the handles very well is there some other typ of clip at
work here?
Can anyone tell me what I am missing or doing wrong?
Thanks,
Scott