Re: [FWDLK] virulent virus

Roger,

It's not dangerous to read mail from this list; it's dangerous to operate any
computer that isn't protected by an antivirus program that's been kept
up-to-date at least monthly.

McAfee picks up the KAK worm just fine.  Make sure you have it relatively
recently updated though.  AND, for all you folks on Outlook out there, make sure
you get all the relevant security patches from Microsoft or you'll be just
asking for trouble. (http://www.microsoft.com/office/outlook/default.htm)

KAK is a relatively harmless virus though -- it's doesn't do any damage to your
computer, it simply just emails itself out to others if (and -only- if) you're
using an un-updated version of Microsoft Outlook as your email program.

If you're worried that you may have been infected, you can go to
http://www.pandasoftware.com/encyclopedia.asp?page=gusano/JSKakWorm_EN_1 and
download a free checker/fixer program that will let you know if you're infected,
and if so, remove the virus.

It's not a replacement to a good antivirus program though.

-Dave