Re: [FWDLK]

Hi All,
Actually, the "new" Edelbrock 750 is actually a Carter AFB.  This came about when
the old Carter Corp sold the rights to the AFB to Edelbrock in the late 70's.  When
Federal Mogul bought  Carter in the early 80's they found the copyright was still
open and began producing the old AFB again.  Then, in the early 90's Edelbrock
decided to produce the old AFB again, but market it as a "Performer" brand
product.  The two are identical, the parts interchange and if you want a bargain
buy the same carb from Carter proper for about 100 bucks less.  Personally, my cars
run AVS Carburetors or Thermoquads, due to the ease of adjustability of the
secondaries.  The exception is the old WCFB which is on most of our beloved Forward
Look cars and the early AFB, which mainly is due to the funky reverse pattern on
the throttle.  Later cars pull the cable back and open the primaries.  The older
cars push the primaries with a bellcrank arrangement.  For fuel economy, it is hard
to beat the Thermoquad. The small primaries give you mileage like a 2 barrel, but
the HUGE secondaries are there when you need to step on that Mustang or Camaro in
the next lane.

Hope this helps,
Chargin'Charles--->>>