Re: [FWDLK] Throttle Body Injection

On the race cars we build at school, the engine is designed and built with
using fuel injection in mind. Every year we build one, and every year it's
me against the club-I want a carb-they want fuel injection. They claim
it's better because you can set it up to run richer/leaner at certain
RPM's etc-stuff like that. They keep missing my point though-put a carb on
it and it would RUN-i've never seen them actually get one of these things
to fire up-it takes 3 of the more knowageable club members 2 hours with
the aid of a laptop to get it to run. I haven't been too impressed with
fuel injection, if only from a diagnostic point of view-I know I wouldn't
want to troubleshoot the wiring for a FI setup.
And on the other tack-with a standard manifold, some minor work to it and
a little knowageable junkyard hunting-you could get your setup out of
various junkyard cars and set it up to work right. I have seen this done
on a 318, and I have a detailed write-up on it if anyone wants it.

~dave

'61 Newport
'67 Kaiser M-715
'55 Windsor Wagon