[FWDLK] P. S.: [FWDLK] 727 vs 700R4

Nick Nichols & I saw this great looking Christine
clone at the Turlock swap meet, was either a Fury or
had a lot of Fury trim pieces (also had the 150-mph
speedo). It had a slightly more muscular than stock
440, which I might not have done but at least looked
reasonably at home in there, but the whole effect of
the car was ruined by the floor shifter, which had
been transplanted from a (gag) Vega or something
similar...

The guy had enough other old MoPars, and obviously had
enough knowledge of them, that I couldn't help but
wish he'd taken just a little more time and located a
cable-shifted 727, thereby keeping the buttons functional...

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban