[FWDLK] Trannies and 57 Dodges

No, this isn't some disgusting car club where we all dress up like women and
talk about 57 Dodges...
But seriously, keeping in line with the 55 Plymouth tranny question, does
anyone know what types of transmissions might fit on a 57 Dodge?
I have a 325poly engine, and currently the 2 speed auto trans.
I'll probably be selling my car(if interested, e-mail me for info and/or
pictures) but if I keep it, I'd like to eventually beef up the transmission
to make it more functional (cruising down a highway at 65-70mph with a 2
speed makes me feel worse than the engine, not to mention the incredibly
poor gas mileage and engine wear).
Anybody know if a 700R4 would fit....ha ha.
I'd prefer something with overdrive to keep the rpms lower when "cruising."
A 4 speed would be nice.
Just curious for now, but any input will be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Garrett in Ohio
57 Dodge
72 Chevy "Pimpala"(also for sale)