[FWDLK] steering gear lash adjustement ('57 Coaxial pw. st.)

[FWDLK] steering gear lash adjustement ('57 Coaxial pw. st.)

Hi,
I need some advises about the adjustement of my '57 Coaxial power
steering (maybe '56 are the same). I've some play when the engine
is running (and twice more with engine off but i think it's
normal). With engine on,  i've approx. 5 to 10° play at steering
wheel.
Ther's an adjusting screw (w. lock nut) on top of steering case.
This screw adjusts the "gear lash" as said in the FSM. But the
FSM describes adjustement with steering removed (but connected to
pump and engine running..). I don't want to remove steering link
from pitman arm so does someone knows how to adjust ?

Note that the steering works perfectly except this little play. I
don't want to jam the steering (as a friend did with my old
steering unit..).
Thanks

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)