Re: [FWDLK] 55 Plymouth; was '56 Plymouth Plaza for sale`

Re: [FWDLK] 55 Plymouth; was '56 Plymouth Plaza for sale`

One of my friends had a '55 Belvedere 2 dr htp with a V8 stick shift new in 1955.  It was about the fastest car around northern Hudson County, NJ.  He used to drag race the car all the time.  Of course I grew up in urban NJ, so we used to drag from stop light to stop light.  We also had a 1/4 mile strip marked off on a road in a factory area that we used to race on a couple of nights a week.  That is until a police car was parked at the end of the strip.  That kind of put a damper on the finish line.  We had a great time while it lasted.  He went away to college the next year, 1956, and I had to wait another year before I got my license.  That's when my Dad bought me a 1957 Fury for my 17th birthday.  It only got better from there.  But you all heard that story.  John Paxos
'57 Fury
'57 Belvedere Cvt. (Still in Northern NJ, but in the mountains)