Re: [FWDLK] '61 Chrysler Convertible Carcass

--- cpollock@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello All,
> I need the advice of the group.  As all of you
> combined can probably give me an objective opinion
> on a course of action as opposed to just jumping in.

But jumping in comes so natural to us, brah... :^)

If that car's a NY, it's probably worth saving as they
only made a little over 500 of them. Speaking for
myself, that's more of a project than I would be able
to handle at present, your mileage may vary.

The Newport is much more common, plus it's a lowline
car, so you might lose a bigger chunk of your
investment if you sell. Nothing wrong with Newports
from where I sit, just something you'll have to think
about before going on.

Start checking numbers. A Newport should have a VIN
starting with "81" and will almost certainly have a
361 unless someone replaced it. A NY VIN should start
with "83", and a NY should have a 413.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban