[FWDLK] AMT 58'kit

I reviewed the AMT/Ertl 58'Plymouth kit at my model meeting last night and
would like to share my thoughts with you all.First,I've waited 40+ years for
someone to do a 57/8 Plymouth.Now that it's arrived,perhaps a longer wait
was in order.The negatives:The Sportone trim is wrong.It arches along the
body just like the Ertl 1/18 diecast 58's.To correct it,I believe it would
be borderline impossible without a body mold re-work.Next,I found the engine
little foggy.A single carb B block powerplant?Not in 58.For my wish
list:optional multiple carbs!The aircleaner is also incorrect for that
year.I couldn't find any "Plymouth"script for the trunk lid.Was a decal
missing from my example?Last negative comment concerns the front and rear
window locating pegs.They are huge,obtrusive things and need to be trimed
way back when you assemble the kit.On the other side of the coin,I feel the
chrome trim and chassis are good and hey,it's a 58 Plymouth!My model is
being slowly transformed into a 4 door sedan.If anyone else has comments or
building tips on this much anticipated kit I'd love to hear them.Have fun
building your AMT 58 Plymouth!Lou.