Re: [FWDLK] Re-Building a 230 Cu. In. Flathead

Re: [FWDLK] Re-Building a 230 Cu. In. Flathead

> Things to watch out for:
>
> If your block doesn't have hardened valve seats, make sure your motor man
> puts them in.  Fortunately, the block I bought had them.  It will add to the
> price, but today's no-lead higher-octane fuels will burn up non-hardened
> seats.

*snip*

Actually, they thought this would be a problem, but its not. I would
personally replace them for the sake of having a nice, tight engine, but
the valve seats won't be hurt. I've spoken to a few mechanics on this, and
they haven't seen any problems in relation to this (out of curiosity, has
anyone?). Anyway, good luck

~dave

'61 Newport
'67 Kaiser M-715
'91 Toyota pickup

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html