Re: [FWDLK] '55 Coronet in Canada on eBay, #1831565464

--- Brandie Hannon <hannonsvt@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This could be a neat project.

It sure could, if it was closer I'd have to consider
it at that reserve!

The seller doesn't appear to understand this kind of
car. Being a Coronet 4dr this one's unlikely to get
the rod-and big-block treatment. I do think this is a
US-market car, and therefore rare in Canada. (Bill? I
knew "Coronet in Canada" would get your attention...)
Usual Canadian Dodge practice during the '50s was to
offer a topline Dodge similar to the American topline
(Custom Royal and/or CR Lancer in '55) with a line of
Plymouth equivalents making up the lower range of
Canadian Dodge offerings.

Didn't someone recently mention the availability of
230 crate motors from one of the forkilft
manufacturers?

Mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1831565464

> Item Description:
>         This is a 1955 Dodge Coronet in solid,all
> original, restorable condition,but Im doubtful if
> many would want to restore this car the way it came
> from the factory.It is powered,and I use the term
> loosely,by a flathead six,and puts all this terror
> to the rear wheels through a automatic
> transmission!

-snip-