Re: [FWDLK] power steering problems

--- eastern sierra Adj Services <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Greg ( & List) ,  I used the wife's (former)
> kitchen-baster to empty the P/S resevoir, & then
> re-filled it with "Sta-Lube Power Steering Fluid,
> for Pre-1989 Chrysler Products".

I must have missed an earlier post or two. Some other
brand of this stuff (which I admittedly haven't seen
in a while) billed itself as "1962-1989 Chrysler
Product P/S Fluid".

My '59 DeSoto owners' manual actually called for Type
A ATF in the P/S system. I remember being surprised by
that since I knew ATF was a no-no on mom's '65
Coronet.

Does Neil have a newer P/S pump or is non-ATF P/S
fluid the ticket on pre-'62 MoPars as well?

Obviously I would hate to hear that I had been giving
out bad scoop on this, but if so I need to know before
I give it again.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban