[FWDLK] the night is getting longer.

I try to spend my summers with the family and Belvedere on the beach. Last week-end my wife left early on Sunday and I stayed till Monday. On Monday my kids said " Dad let's go and eat" I said "sure". Guess what? Car would not start? Starter solenoid is clicking like crazy. I have never heard this from my car before. Option 1: Call my wife and get her  to pick us up. It's 1 1/2 hours one way. Option 2: Call my friend with 33 Plymouth to take me to Napa store and buy new solenoid. That's the ticket, so I take old solenoid off and head to Napa store in small neighbouring town, 20 minutes away. My friend say's "That looks like a F**d solenoid?" I don't pay attention. The guy at Napa store say's" That's a F**d solenoid", and we don't stock them in 6 volts. I ask him if they stock them in 12 volts? He say's "yes." I say "How much". He say's $11.50(Canadian, about $7.50 U.S.) I'll take it. We drop it in my car. I know it won't work, but get my friend to boost me with 12 volts. Car starts and I get kids some food and we drive home. Now what the heck do I do? I have to get rid of that F**d thing. It's has 4 terminals. They go in this order. Negative Batt Terminal and 2 wires from Harness. 1 wire on S Terminal. 1 wire on I Terminal. 1 wire to Starter. What do I do now? Thanks.
Mario Henry
1955 Plymouth Belvedere