[FWDLK] 70 Newport R/T FS

  IT IS EVERYDAY DRIVEable, he is using it daily now!

      You can DRIVE it home!!!

It's a R/T!! :-> (tongue in cheek, Mostly for the fun of it,
after all the owner was a teenager when be bought the car)
Some of the MoparMailing List had a chance to see it at last
years Carlisle event, 1200 mile round trip with out problems
except for it being his first long drive as the primary driver.

Actually it's a plain jane 1970 Newport 4 door sedan. light blue body
with a factory painted white roof.  The R/T emblem is from a Dodge
and installed in a place that might have been used by Chrysler if
they had made a R/T. After all, it is a Chrysler so only one R/T
medallion was affixed to the car.
The boy also put a piepan on the Air cleaner from a 383 HP setup
even though its a 383 2 bbl. It is his First car that he bought
in High school 4-1/2 years ago and he has had fun with it ever
since.

It seems the wife committed us to helping him out with another
car once he Graduated from IU. So here we are 3-1/2 years into
college and he has graduated early.
He has found an econo box Neon that should be reliable
transportation for the next several years as he gets established.

As "keeper of the Tools" dad knows most of the work that has been
done to the car over its 4-1/2 years he has had it. Lots of
maintenance work has been done. (its been a good learning tool
for him, one of the FIRST purchases he had to make was a factory
shop manual) so YES it comes with a shop manual, as well as an
UNINSTALLED 4bbl carb and intake for a 383.

There is some rust BUT not the critical areas that would kill it.
it had 95,000 miles when he bought it, I think its about 115,000
now (will have to ask him)

off the top of my head this has been replaced or repaired in the
last 4-1/2 years.

Front and Rear brakes
Master cylinder and power booster
  (from what he says while at collage but I can double check)
Distributor (replaced)
gas tank and sending unit (replaced)
Dist. wires (replaced)
Alternator (replaced)
regulator (replaced)
carb (replaced)
exhaust system
radio upgraded from factory AM to aftermarket Am/Fm STEREO
if he finds the original radio it will be thrown in with the car
rear speakers added
armrest backing plates (replaced)
engine bay wiring harness
Idler arm (replaced)
sway bar links
lower ball joints  (expensive)
tires (more then once)
front and rear u-joints (replaced)
motor mounts  (twice, he has put his foot into it more then once)
tranny (replaced)
radiator (replaced)
window racks
heater fan
vacuum control for heater (replaced)
outside remote control mirror (replaced)
(cant remember if we did shocks)

there might be more but can't remember off the top of my head

ASKING $750.oo for the car and extras that are taking up space
Dad could use for other parts for his 300 resto project.

AND for those who don't read sig lines it's in INDIANAPOLIS

I think I can scrounge some pictures.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6