Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Enviromental wackos-

This same thing happened at Romania Chevrolet a year or two ago.  They claimed the burning of the two dozen or so SUVs (Suburbans, Tahoes, etc), would significantly affect the attitudes of potential buyers for these vehicles and would lessen the fuel that would have been used by them over their lifetime.  Of course, insurance paid the dealer, who had paid the manufacturer, who just replaced the burned trucks with new ones, which cost additional energy to build.  Although I'll never own an SUV 'cuz I'm too cheap to drive (on an everyday basis) a commuter vehicle that gets 10-12 mpg, the logic used by these people is indeed questionable. . .

Mark   mjh