[FWDLK] Question

My C300 has what sounds like a bad u-joint... or a loose u-joint since I had the trans rebuilt.  Anybody out there know of anyplace in the Detroit area that could check it out and be honest about telling me whether or not it needs to be replaced or simply adjusted?  Also, it's been decades since I've had something like that done so I have no idea how long it may take or what it costs nowadays.  Anyone have that info?
By the way, I had the trans rebuilt at a place called Pointe Transmission on Harper in St. Clair Shores.  I also recently took my Dodge minivan there for a trans rebuild because my radiator croaked on me a few months ago and screwed up the tranny.  I now have it back in there for the third time.  They charged me almost $1200 to rebuild that trans and it hasn't operated properly since they did it.  Just thought I'd pass that info on in case any of you in the Detroit area ever need trans work done.

Jerry Browarski