[FWDLK] Engine Values

Hello, All,

I've replaced the engine in my car and now a neighbor has expressed an interest in the old one to use in a roadster.  I would like to poll the list and determine the value of the engine and transmision.

It is a 354 Poly head V8 from a 1957 Chrysler Saratoga, and is connected to a cast iron torqueflite transmission.  The engine ran, but is extremely worn out.  The transmission slipped, but shifted OK if you were gentle with it.

I don't want to rob him, but at the same don't want to give it away if it is of some value I'm not aware of.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI