Re: [FWDLK] swivel seat/misc parts needed, glass codes

Re: [FWDLK] swivel seat/misc parts needed, glass codes

Regarding the PPG vent window glasses, the logo or bug was put on at the glass company on the same side of the glass every time and the glass interchanges left and right, therefore one of the vents reads inside out and one reads outside in.  You probably have original vent glasses.

The glass date code is indicated in a set of numbers ( numeral, space, month numeral(s), year numeral ) in the bug.  No one has been able to tell me what the first number meant as these will vary even on the same car.  The month should be obvious, numbering one through twelve.  The year is given as a single digit, thus your '59 could have an 8 or a 9 as early months of production would have from '58 or '59.   Glass date codes may run as high as 6 months prior to the car's actual production date in my experience.

I believe most of the roof and windshield and back glass molding retainer clips are available from Gary Goers.

Wayne