Re: [FWDLK] Mostly Mopars

In a message dated 10/29/2003 12:47:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, phoenix61@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I have to agree and disagree at the same time, with Ron Waters.  My first "restored" car was actually a '64 Chev Impala 4 door hardtop, which I bought for $300 while a starving college student in the '80s. I didn't really restore it, but put on an Earl Scheib paint job, new seat covers, and a fresh 327 to replace the 150,000 mile one
I guess I didn't realize it, but I've been "restoring" finned Mopars since 1962 or so.  I had a good-running 1957 Belvedere hardtop that rusted away from under me, in Michigan.  After I moved to California, I found a 1957 Belvedere(?) two-door station wagon in a junkyard.  After an engine swap, new seatcovers and tires, and a visit to Earl Schieb for a $29.95 paint job, it was very presentable, and the station wagon was lots more practical than a hardtop for 4 kids!   Ahhhh, memories.

Thanks, guys,

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI