[FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] Where Are You?

Boy...ain't that a fact....  just got home from a 5 day road trip to nowhere
and back!  No place as a designated destination and no planned return route
or points of interest.   Just went for a long ride and found nothing
interesting...  at least as far as Fwdlk. cars!
    Left home ...Neillsville WI...nearly dead center of the Badger State
(Cheese)... headed S by SW through WI into MN...just as the "snow storm"
started this past Sat.  Headed on into Iowa and then on to Missourri and
Kansas and finally Oklahoma.  Never finding a temp over 46 degrees in 5
days!  Made it through Tulsa rush hour...for a fleeting second I thought I
would stop at the court house and ask if anything is being planned for the
digging up of the 57...  traffic and the lack of a "translator" put a hault
to that idea...y'allllllllllllllllllll!   I know that not everyone down
there chews, but I did not find one in the bunch of folks I asked for
directions from.
    Anyhow, left Tulsa and headed East into Arklahoma...NE Oklahoma...got
off the I-system (not until after I gave the 300 M a good pedal to the
metal, nearly 100 mph, she had a lot more in her, but traffic put an end to
that,  and, probably a good thing,  on the Okey turnpike heading East) and
headed North through Americana...WOW!   I was told it would be
interesting.... yeaaaaaaaaah!   Many old cars...most of which are in
yards...no, not salvage yards...front yards!   Asking questions in many
places...any old Chrysler corp. cars from the 50s 60s??
"yaaaaaaaaaaalllllll  kiddin, dey bin gann fer long tiiime!"   Or, "Gittoff
me laaand! Ain't wantin no Norrrthnerrrs down heeer!"  Or,
"Yaaaalllllllllll comeon dowwn heeer fer wat?"   Even got a ... "You onea
dem cheeseheads I sees on TV?"   I won't mention the name of the county or
state, but the writing on one restroom wall was scary!  Won't be stopping
there at night!
    Well, as you may have guessed, it was out of the ordinary for me.   This
Northern farm boy had a great time, most everyone was friendly and kind and
helpful.  Just a few nasty ones, but you can find them near here too.  So,
after a little over 2000 miles and 5 days of aimlessly wandering Americana,
I must say I had a blast and would do it over again.
    Have a Great T Day... eat, sleep and be merry!   Enjoy the three
Fs...family, friends and fins!
John Bartell in Neillsville WI  between Eau Claire and Stevens Point WI on
US 10
59 Plymouth 9 pass Suburban in the "making" (not restoring)

 then go