[FWDLK] Disc Brake Conversion

I know this has been ask before but I've lost the replies, so here I go
again.

I'm thinking of redoing the front and maybe the rear brakes on my 57
Firesweep Ambulance (5400 lbs) and converting them to disc brakes.

I have seen a couple of manufactures (AAJ for one) that make kits and they
seem complete enough, but I have also been told that parts from other MOPARs
can be interchanged, with little or no modifications, to fit my current
spindles/axles.

I'm looking for the best - easiest method to upgrade.  The current brakes
tend to fade after a couple of uses and since I'm trying to stop such a
heavy DeSoto I want to be able to stop safely.

My current configuration is drums & shoes front and back with vacuum assist.
Also at the same time the brakes are being done we are going to convert the
car to Power Steering, my arms are getting tired in their old age.

Dawson Blackmore, Jr.
1957 DeSoto Firesweep "Memphian" Ambulance
web:  www.ctemsi.com
vmail: 203.386-3455
email: ctemsi@xxxxxxxx
            dblackmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx