Re: [FWDLK] what rear drum setup to use?

Re: [FWDLK] what rear drum setup to use?

Hiya, Lou; if you are dead-set on going to the time/trouble/expense of
installing a different rear end onto your car--go for it; but, it has
been discussed, before, here, @ some length, that :
1) rear brakes contribute very little effort toward
vehicle braking
2) rear end gearsets readily interchange into our 8 3/4" axles--I (had
be)  installed a truck 3.55:1 SureGrip with no problems
3) Our rear brake drums, once they are "fiinally and forever" pulled off
the axles, can have their
"swaged" axle studs be replaced with 'standard' "shouldered" axle studs,
so that the brake drums can literally "fall-off" of the axles, just like
the front brakes do, with no-more "pullers" ever being necessary
4) late 60's Bendix brake drums (just like the ones that 'fit' onto
E-body axles) either 11x2 1/2", or 11x3" , can be made to fit our rear
axles--I wrote the How-To article, in WPC News mag, in the 80's, & I
understand that 'they' have recently re-published that article

If you're looking for a 'useful' winter project, I'd suggest
changing-over the driveline's front U-Joint, to a modern 'design', and,
of course, the recently-mentioned dual master cylinder
'upgrade'

Neil Vedder