Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler 1960-62 with manual trans?

Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler 1960-62 with manual trans?

The '60 Chrysler 300F Special (Gran Tourismo) had 400 HP (short
long-ram) and a Pont-a-Mousson 4 speed manual transmission as an
option package.  Nine cars were built that way.  I own the only one
of the nine equipped with air conditioning.  The standard 300F with
375 HP (long long ram) could only be ordered with the 3 speed
torqueflite.
The P-a-M shifted through the top of the console.

In '61 the 300G could be ordered with the 400HP motor again but with
the police or taxi 3 speed manual trans.  The standard 375 HP again
came with only the torqueflite.   The 3speed manual shifted off the
side of the floor tunnel.

In '62, the 300H and the new 300 Sport series could both be ordered
with the 405 HP motor and again the police / taxi 3 speed manual.
The standard 300H had 380 HP and the torqueflite or 3 speed manual
was available.  Manuals shifted again on the tunnel side.  The 300
Sport came standard with 305 HP and either trans.

Wayne