Re: [FWDLK] those 22 American cars in 1939

Re: [FWDLK] those 22 American cars in 1939

It's probably something like the '56 Packard Clipper and the '60 Plymouth
Valiant, which were being considered seperate makes at their respective
times.  Most of your major companies in the 30's had a subsidary line - I
can't think of all of them, but Terraplane, LaSalle, Pontiac (from Oakland),
plus Buick and Olds had theirs who's names escape me at the moment, seems
like Studebaker had the Rockne for a while, etc..  Zephyr would be the baby
Lincoln, until the Mercury ended up replacing it.

I would imagine the Plymouth and DeSoto were outgrowths of that same
movement in the industry, given their 1929 introduction - not too many other
makes introduced in that time would last past the end of the 30's (Pontiac
one of the others).

Bill K.