From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Larry Ashbaugh
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 9:16 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Torque Converter From Hell

Alright, I need help.  The transmission shop wants the torqueconverter from
the Powerflite to compare with what they took out of my 59 Coronet, whose
transmission was filling up with hardpart shavings, a not-so-good thing.
Since this tranny is from my 58 parts car, it is the air-cooled, vice
liquid-cooled tranny from the 59, and has the little vanes for cooling.  You
have told me to use the torqueconverter from the 58 for cooling, or go to
the liquid-cooled for better cooling.  Not sure the shop knows which way to
go and I just want my car back.

Problem:  the torqueconverter is bolted to the engine flywheel with 6-8
bolts in the front, and the engine is seized, so the torqueconverter
(flywheel) is not going to move.  How can I get this thing away from the
engine if the engine doesn't turn so I can get to the bolts?  Help!!!!!!

Appreciate you assistance.  Thanks, guys.

LARRY in rainy, rainy, and even more rainy Ohio.