From your post:  Puritans should keep an opened mind,about us,just as Hot Rodders do about them.  You've already showed your closed mind by personally attacking me over something that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with you.  Your response to something innocent shows how egocentric, paranoid, and yes, closed minded you are.  If it ain't been rodded, it ain't sh**, is what you'd probably say.

Now, finally, Dave Stragand has said how many times that this list is SUPPOSED to be for the preservation and restoration of Forward Look cars.  I just figured that at least on this site a restored Forward Look car wouldn't get bashed around, but maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe it's okay to say anything you want, as long as you don't insult someone's customized car.  Wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feelings, now would we?

Yes, I know all I'll get is additional hate mail over this, similar to what I've already received.  But I'm sick of being bashed about when I did nothing wrong.  Re-read my original post if you think I was really talking about customizers in general.

Mark   mjh

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] '57 Plymouth on ebay

After reading Mark's comment on the front end of this 57 Plymouth calling it a "hack job" I feel I must give my 2-cents worth.Since when is modifying a cars appearance a "hack job"?Customs are as much a part of our automotive history as cars themselves,and alot of modifications customizers make are major improvements over what the factories offered(performance and appearance).That being the case isn't any change a "hack job"?Anyone out there do a color change on their car?I don't think 99% of the 57-58 Plymouths sold were Christine red and white like they are now.Add a Hiway HiFi?Hack job?I think not.My 58 Fury is every "Puritan's"nightmare.It started out as a complete,rust free,one owner,original paint running and driving car(and yes,it is a REAL Fury),it now has a 426 Hemi,4 speed,Dana rear,it's painted purple,the interior is now black and gray,ect.,ect.BUT it in no way is it a "hack job".The Fury was Chyslers performance car,my cars performance is just enhanced.It will out run and out stop anything Chrysler offered in the 50's(and the 60's,other than a Hemi Lightweight Super Stocker).My 57 Savoy will also out run,stop,and handle anything Chrysler ever dreamed of in the 50's,even the Letter cars.Hack jobs?I don't think so.Puritans should keep an opened mind,about us,just as Hot Rodders do about them.Just another note.I looked on the Finland Gazette sight today,Ron the car looks GREAT!!!!!!! I just hope nobody calls it a hack job because you chose basecoat clearcoat paint over synthetic enamel,that's a modification too.
Adam Lindenbaum
57 Savoy Kustom
58 426 Hemi 4 speed Fury(and proud of it!)