Re: [FWDLK] 1960 Ply "Golden Eagle" CHP car?

Re: [FWDLK] 1960 Ply "Golden Eagle" CHP car?

The only problem here is that the 1960 Valiant was the first Chrysler
Corporation car to have the emergency brakes on the rear wheels.   The
transmission-mount brake went back to the Maxwell of the mid-1910's.   The
1962 Plymouth and Dodge Dart got the rear drum emergency brake in 1962 and
the rest of the line got them in 1963.

And CHiP was using Mopar police cars prior to 1963.  The Custom 880 was put
into production as an answer to CHiP's demand for a Dodge.  The Dart was too
small and CHiP, at that time, liked the 122" wheelbase Dodges.  Even with
the transmission brake.

Motor Trend magazine tested either a 1957 or 1959 Dodge and broke a u-joint
using the emergency brake at speed.

And as for a Plymouth with "Golden Eagle" - no.   Plymouths had Golden
Commandos.  The Eagle was an Imperial item, not Plymouth.

Bill
Vancouver, BC