Re: [FWDLK] TORQUEFLITE HELP-THANKS

Those first 2 part numbers that you mention 1823-656 and 1823-658 are not for Torque-Flite at all, but are for manual transmissions.

Yes !! I forgot the "manual" word ...
1823-740 is not in my 55 - 58 DPCD Parts book.
I know ... But it is in the '57 passenger car parts lis from Chrysler corporation of Canada !!
I'll never know why these 2 parts manual are different for some Tqf numbers !

I've a friend who has a 300 C export convertible (one of the five ..). We overhauled the trans. some years ago so i found the # as usual.
I was at this time in contact with George Riehl  (i wanted order a Tqf kit  ..) so i told him the # of this "C" Torqueflite :  1823 734. He told me that these number was incorrect and wasn't the original number  (must be 1854 123) but why my friend's trans has the number which is showed in the canadian parts book ? In the canadian book , ther's no 1854 123, only 1823 734 !! Early production (i don't think so because my friend's car is from may 57) ?  Export transmission ?

I'va also other "sports cars" Tqf trans. which aren't i suppose in the US 55-58 parts list:  1823 736 ('57 Adv) and 1823 738 ('57 D500)
All these  transmissions have a different "part N° service"

--
Philippe COURANT

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f