[FWDLK] Movie Madness (Invading CUBA)

Re: "Invasion"; tastes/interest vary (duh) but I find the show very fun
to watch, & then there's
the Jeeps/trucks.....

The "lagoon" scenes are shot on a back-lot, and I took a good look @
what there was to be ''scene", the second time the show was broadcast.
The 2-tone brownish/reddish 4-dr sedan had been stripped of all exterior
chrome
and trim, including hood letters & grille emblem.

The toothy lower-bumpers were the only clues that it was not,
necessarily a Coro or Royal sedan.

Rusty cars are hard to find in Cali (life's a beach) , & this one
(briefly!) looked to be straight, complete, but quickie-painted.

What was so 'Halloweenish'  was its sudden appearance, lack of trim,
unusual colors,  & its quick disappearance: kinda like :"What was
THAT'?? They gonna SHOW it again  ?  (no...)

Then, you couldn't really understand what the old Cuban was saying, or,
his translation.

Speaking of Cuba, no one has previously mentioned the neat (small-ish)
soft cover book: " Cars of Cuba" ( Christina Garcia; Harry N. Abrams,
Inc., publisher)

It shows quite a few  FWDLK'ers, including ONE
(factory-export-apparently) 1959 Dodge (4-dr sedan) that I'll bet
NOBUDDY, on this List,
has ever seen before!--You won't find it in "The Dodge Story" . Get this
book!---check w/your local bookstore, to order it.

"Christine" shoulda been a 'toothless' 57 Dodge, or ANY 59 Dodge.......

Neil Vedder