Re: [FWDLK] He said/She said: TALE-fins...

Re: [FWDLK] He said/She said: TALE-fins...

Hi Guy,
This kind of thread is the reason I belong to this list (not just the phenominal tech reference)!
The stories that would be lost for all time, if not told to a group that will listen.

Anyway, to the discussion:
Let's just remember that the Corp did make mistakes on build sheets as well. I know it is not a FL-car but the last 69 Charger I restored had the code for both the Rim-blow steering wheel, and the Wood-grain sport steering wheel. According to Wayne Geffin (sp?) at the Dodge Charger Registry, this is the only Charger to have this such code. Well- there is no such animal. I had the original wheel, it was the standard wood-grain sport wheel, and it was not a Rim-blow. Nor was the wheel I replaced it with. The original was too far gone to save, really just the steel rim and spokes, nothing else.
Just as an FYI, this car was also a "White-hat" Special car. Generally these had white vinyl tops. Mine was black. Beautiful car though in R-4 Charger Red with the black top and matching interior. 383 4v with 727 was motorvation. Hated to sell it, but I needed the cash at the time. The car lives in Michigan now, and yes, I am in contact with the current owner, so if the $ ever show up again, maybe I could buy it back.
But I'm sure we all have stories of -the one that got away-!

So yes, it is wise to never say never in this hobby, but sometimes a mistake is made, and it gets all the way through to the end.
Just my pennies,
Charles.