Re: [FWDLK] Never-say-NEVER (smoking-CAR!)

Re: [FWDLK] Never-say-NEVER (smoking-CAR!)

Many times cars are photographed with no trim and an artist airbrushes the
trim on   See page 101 of "Cars of the Sensational '70's".   The car at the
top of the page shows a green Monaco 2-door hardtop with no trim at all.
That car would have been t9uched up for advertising use when the trim was
finally decided for production.

And sometimes cars are airbrushed to illustrate cars the company has no art
work for.   Chrysler Canada offered a Polara Special series in 1971-73 (a
Polara with less exterior trim and a Fury I interior) and as the American
firm had no art work for it, in 1971 Chrysler Canada had the Polara photos
air brushed to look like a Polara Special and the Polara Brougham (not sold
in Canada) changed to look like a Polara.   The front shot of the Polara
Brougham had the seats modified to remove the high-back front seats.

As for -
 > I should re-find it, & enclose it, but, if you will log on to the FWDLK
 > website's display-listing of Forwardlook cars, on Epay, & check out the
 > newer-pages, under 57 Dodge, you will find an
 > historical photo, taken : "Sept 57"      [!!!!---extremely
 > early-production ] of the rear end of a 57 Dodge.

"Sept 57" photo of a 1957 Dodge would be exremely LATE production - they
were built from October 1956 through September 1957.

Actually, being "Sept 57" it may very well be a 1958 Dodge prototype being
shown

Bill
Vancouver, BC