[FWDLK] 60 Dodge Dash Removal

Hi everyone, I have just resumed the resto on my 60 Seneca begun years ago when there were less than 100 members of this list, life got in the way for a long time but now im excited to be back on the car, where I left off was the removal of the entire dash in the car to be able to do the best job on detailing and painting, all removable parts have already been painted and the dash can be easily moved around but is still in the car.Has anyone else completely removed the dash from a similar car? is this a worthwhile task for the best results, or would I be better off refinishing it in the car?it looks like all that?s holding in now is the steering column, and the trans push button cable linkage, what is the best way to un hook the cable linkage? thank you in advance for advice regarding this, im hoping someone else has been down this road.    thanks!  Terry