Re: [FWDLK] Lubricate THIS....

Hi Dave,
Yeah, I agree with that one too.  Average life of a suspension component is what? 3 years, 4?
The thing is the ball joints had the stardard break-away zerks from the factory.  Mopar has been doing this since at least the muscle car era.  Basically, they grease the fitting at the factory and then break off the ball of the zerk.  When the car first gets serviced, the mechanics are then supposed to replace them with standard zerks.  Except in this case.  So, I replaced them myself with standard zerks.  Now heres the rub:
The control arms, the tie rod ends, and the endlinks for the swaybar are SMOOTH.
They aren't even drilled for zerks!  So even if I wanted to grease them, I couldn't.
Guess I'll be going to teflon-impregnated poly bushing sooner than later!

Also, since you guys brought up brakes.  My 69 Charger had drums on all 4 corners.  They used the dreaded starwheel adjustment.  It was a real bitch to get them adjusted and balanced so that the car didn't pull to one side or the other.  They were automatic adjusters, but I found I had to go under every 4-5000 miles to balance them out again.
it's no wonder manufacturers went to discs.  So much better, and so much less maintenance.

Well, that's modern technology.

Take Care,
Charles.